Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vegan = Casein Free (usually)

I'm not vegan.

But

My son cannot have casein and so therefore Vegan=Casein-Free.

I have once heard of a person who saw "casein" in the ingredients list of a vegan product so please- especially if you're avoiding casein due to an allergy- no matter what read the label!

Read the label even if you buy the product regularly. You never know if a factory will change it's practices and the product carried traces of casein. You never know when the recipe will "improve" or as I call it "change"!

I was checking out one of my favorite websites today and it had a link to this blog.

It's called "Nikki Lynn Loves" and the entry is "I Can't Believe it's Vegan". This is a GREAT resource for Casein-Allergic. It is a huge list of products that are Vegan! I know I'm filing this one away!

No comments:

Post a Comment