Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Milk-Free "Buttery" Sugar Cookies


I hate cookies.
Wait.
That's not true.
I LOVE cookies.

I hate baking cookies.

All that effort and then if you're anything like me, they're gone in about 10 seconds.

Tis the season, right?

Guilt struck.
The timing was right.
and... I wanted me some cookies!!!
and... Boomba would like them too.

Google landed me here.

This seemed easy enough. It says you don't even need to refrigerate the dough! That's my kind of sugar cookie!

Whaaaaaat?
"Almond Extract"?

Would Maple work instead?

YES!

That's the secret.

That's what makes my cookies "Buttery" and Bake at 350's cookies, well, not.

Instead of the 1/2 tsp of Almond, I used 1/4 tsp Maple Extract.

WIN!

Here's how I did mine:
3 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 c sugar
1 c earth balance soy-free spread
1 egg
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pure maple extract

And then, after all of the effort of baking them. They still needed frosted.

So I followed this video recipe.




I was afraid I'd made a big mistake, wasting all that precious energy on cookies when I didn't even have the right ingredient for. The Maple flavor and smell was a bit strong at first but after they cooled and were iced, it was more "buttery" than anything! Thus "Milk-Free 'Buttery' Sugar Cookies".



No comments:

Post a Comment