Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year. A New Focus.

I thought that our 3rd year of marriage was our toughest. Not because of our marriage specifically. Because of the turn of events that occurred that year.
We:

-Moved 700 miles
-Moved while I was VERY pregnant
-Husband started Grad School
-Birthed a baby who was unexpectantly in the NICU
-Became ill with Swine Flue
-Swine Flu turned into Pneumonia
-We had Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in our home
-We couldn't make our bills
-We found out just how scary an Anaphelactic reaction is

After we survived that I thought my trust in God was pretty good.
*toot toot* - my own horn.

That was until we realized how helpless we've been and feel because of Boomba's constantly growing allergy list.

So here's the turn of a new leaf, with God's help.

We are helpless.
God sustains us.
It's time to trust in God's providence.

I don't generally "believe" in New Year's Resolutions but I decided it would be a good idea to make a Christ-based on this year. A new focus for the new year.
With God's help I want to make it a point to:

Trust/ Remember/ Appreciate God's Providence

Matthew 10:29-31

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment