Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Day @ Our House '12 edition

So I did it.
I've planned enough ahead to be able to post BEFORE a holiday, ABOUT a holiday!
We cheated a little.
We had a Mixed Berry Smoothie with Drip Dropping Chocolate Topping a night early, that's how we do it here. Can't wait when there's something good to be had!

Here's what it looked like:



I know.
I went a little crazy with the hearts.
But...
IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY!
(virtually).

I dumped a bag of frozen mixed berries in my new food processor along with ice cubes, apple sauce, apple juice, & rice milk.

But first- I made this wonderful hot fudge to drip drop on the top!

Martha Stewart's Hot Fudge

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
pinch of salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 T butter
1 tsp vanilla

In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Add corn syrup and whipping cream. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.

Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla; stir until butter melts. Cool slightly before serving.

I subbed rice milk straight across for the whipping cream and used Earth Balance Soy-Free spread.

SO GOOD!

Who knew when I topped the smoothie with the hot fudge it would drip so beautifully?!

That's not the end. I have a little game up my sleeve.
Don't tell Boomba, it's a surprise.


We will be Heart Hunting tomorrow!
I covered a cocoa container with pink paper and cut out cookie cutter-traced hearts from colored paper too. I will tell Boomba he has to hunt for 10 hearts. I'll hide them like this:


So.... What's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment