Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Casein Free Pumpkin Pasta

I found a few recipes on this site after I googled "pumpkin recipe". To be precise, I found 100! But I specifically was drawn to Pumpkin Pasties, Pumpkin Chili, and Pumpkin Pasta.


This is Pumpkin Pasta.

It was very easy to make this recipe into a Casein friendly meal. I keep a dish of shredded "cheddar" in the freezer for such occasions. This recipe calls for a lot of Parmesan and other various cheeses, but I just sprinkled a bit of our safe "cheddar" and let 'er cook! We used soy milk instead of cream. I usually use Coconut creamer instead of cream (like in my Scone recipe) but we work with what we have, and we had Silk!

I have to tell you. With every bite my husband was "MmmmMmm"-ing and he never does that! It was an easy, festive, savory dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment