Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Suffering: an Opportunity to See God's "Omni" Attributes

I've been thinking a lot about allergies.
I've been thinking a lot about suffering.
I've been thinking a lot about anger.
I've been thinking a lot about sin.
I've been thinking a lot about God.

See how that works?
Hardship comes and we get upset, angry, sad, and then we turn to God.

I have lovely, Christ-centered, caring, intuitive friends; thank God. They've been reminding me that heavy burdens are only given to you if God knows you can handle the weight. Wouldn't you know I even caught myself saying a few lines that I needed to hear more than anyone?

As I talked to a friend today I reminded her that her hardship was an opportunity.
Yea, we're still friends.

I continued to explain that a time of stress and wonder and uncertainty is an opportunity to really see and enjoy how perfectly God does provide. He is Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent. During hard times we turn to the cross, strengthened by the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We realize we are but sinners and it is God who we depend on. In these hard times we get a chance to remember God has it all under control and we really can't do anything about our situation; then again, why would we? Our actions are sinful and worldly based. Praise the Lord it is He who is in control.

It is He who is Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
-John 14:27 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment