Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Casein Free Sugar Cookies

I have a cookie baking aversion.
In a hot pursuit in the midst of a cookie baking surge I discovered this. I hate baking cookies. I hate baking the type of cookies you have to chill and roll out and blah blah blah! It takes all day. It's messy. Then, they're GONE! Even so, I felt the urge to bake cookies and knew for the sake of Husband I needed to coincide with this urge and run with it. Husband happily accepted a very late dinner to get these cookies (i.e. did I mention they take ALL DAY?). I still have a mess in the kitchen to clean up. The question is- how many hours/days ago did I make cookies? P.S. After baking cookies I am not one who has the energy to frost them. Your only hope is to drizzle chocolate syrup on it and be happy; which by the way is a great way to enjoy these little suckers! (ahem: Time Suckers).

Hostility.
I'm sorry.
I've been married 4 years and can count the times I've made cookies on only a few fingers- that includes cookie bars. Thank you genius who create cookie bars by the way!

At least I can blog about cookies... that's definitely a redeeming quality...


I must admit there is a certain joy to giving Boomba (okay okay and Husband) a safe cookie. As far as cookies go these are pretty easy and simple. In fact I even read (and proceeded to copy her ways) of a lady didn't chill these as recommended by the instructions and though they got a little sticky- it all worked out.

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups Safe CF "butter", softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight)- or don't.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

*NOTE* I used a biscuit cutter. It made giant cookies with a pretty scallop edge.

3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.


In the picture above, the top row are cooling baked cookies and the second and third rows are cookies awaiting baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment